Property Market Update: June 2022 | #16
We are back with everyone’s favorite episode, Property Market Update. The Australian property market is currently in a state of flux and with rising rates and households struggling under a rising cost of living.
The week’s biggest industry news is the Reserve Bank of Australia announcing the increase of its cash rate target by 50 basis points to 0.85 per cent. It is the biggest single-month rate increase in over two decades. We break down what you need to know so you can stay on top of your property game this year.
We delve into:
- What causes inflation and rates to rise
- Why no-one expected the rate rise coming and the signs to look out for
- Consumer sentiment and how it impacts the economy
- Why household debt is so high and what this means
- What the data is telling us about trends in the Australian Property Market
- Auction attendance and clearance rates and how the market is moving
Join The Property Lovers Facebook Group
Request to join the community here.
Looking to start your property journey?
Join our Property Buyers Toolkit program now.
Links and resources:
View our free downloads here.
Enjoy this episode?
Disclaimer: The content and information provided on the Property Lovers website, podcasts, video or written content is general advice and for educational purposes only. None of the information presented constitutes, or is intended to constitute, a recommendation for any particular security, investment or strategy suitable for a specific person. The information presented does not take into account your particular investment objectives, financial situation or needs. You should strongly consider seeking independent professional advice based on your specific circumstances.